Summer Experience Awards
The Curriculum in Global Studies gratefully accepts proposals for monetary awards to support Undergraduate students who are in the process of securing, or have already secured, globally oriented experiences for Summer 2024, including internships, research, and other similar endeavors.Apply for Summer Experience Awards
To be eligible for undergraduate summer awards, a student must:
- Be a declared Global Studies Major.
- Return to UNC as a student after the experience.
- Attend a reflection session at the beginning of the following fall semester.
- Write a two-to-four-page report summarizing and reflecting upon the experience, due to Dr. Michal Osterweil, Director of Internships, in the following fall semester.
- Receive appropriate UNC travel exemptions/approvals (if required due to international travel).
- Remain in compiance with all current UNC travel policies when submitting applications. We require that all applicants whose applications include international travel refer to and abide by UNC travel policies and requirements to seek exemptions/approvals .
Applications will be evaluated according to:
- Overall merit of the project in relation to student academic and career goals;
- demonstrated engagement with global issues in and beyond the classroom
The Curriculum in Global Studies will begin accepting applications soon for Summer 2024 Summer Experience Awards. Exact date TBD.
You will be required to submit the following information to apply:
- Name (first, last)
- UNC E-mail Address
- Local Mailing Address
- Class Year
- Complete CV/resume, including contact information, degree details, and work, volunteer, and other relevant experience
- One or two page description (double-spaced, 12-point font) of the experience, explaining how it will enrich your education and career goals and any other relevant information.
- A detailed budget, including additional funding being pursued.
Please contact Dr. Michal Osterweil, Director of Internships, if you have questions about application requirements.