Deadline: February 12th, 2018. Inspired by the adventures and pioneering spirit of UNC alumnus Peter McMillan ’81, the Vimy Award is given annually to one interdisciplinary team of students (Vimy Scholars) working collaboratively to pursue research or service projects outside the United States.This award is intended to support UNC Undergraduate and Master’s-level students in completing self-directed or designed group projects internationally during the summer.
To be eligible for funding, the proposed project must:
- Include at least three students from diverse majors, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Take place outside of the U.S.
- Be self-designed or directed.
- Team members must in general be returning to UNC the semester following the project (in certain circumstances an exception can be made for one team member, please contact the Program Officer with questions)
- Team members may not be in a Ph.D. program or be faculty/staff.
- Team members may not apply for the Center for Global Initiatives’ other funding opportunities for the same project in the same year.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The preliminary application should be completed by the team leader, in consultation with the entire team. Specific instructions are available on the application form and include the following parts:
- Basic information for the team leader and team members
- Project title and short summary
- Short answer questions
-Impact and Engagement
To find out more information on the program and application information, visit the main website here