DEADLINE: February 8th The Ronald W. Hyatt Rotary Public Service Award supports innovative public service projects that exemplify the motto of Rotary International, “Service above Self.” A $3,000 award is provided for an international project and $2,000 for a local area project. Student organizations, as well as undergraduate and graduate students, individually or in teams, may apply
- Undergraduate or graduate students at UNC-Chapel Hill, individually or in teams.
- Applicants must be continuing their studies at UNC-Chapel Hill in the following fall semester.
- The proposal must be written and submitted by the student(s) who have planned and will be implementing the project.
- The Hyatt award will NOT fund internships or projects in which all or most of the funds support student travel and living expenses
How to Apply
Submission guidelines include the following:
- A justification of need and a description of how the service you will provide or the project you will complete adds to or complements what is already available;
- A concise description of the project and how you will carry it out, including a description of the personnel involved;
- Specific outcomes and how you will measure them;
- An estimate of the impact of the project and the likelihood that the project will continue after the award period has ended;
- An approximate timeline you will follow; and
- A project budget that does not request more than $3,000 if international and $2,000 if local and describes the sources and amounts of any other funding. (NOTE: Although travel costs for students will be considered, preference will be given to projects in which a significant portion of the budget goes to community and project costs.)
If the project will be conducted in cooperation with or receive financial or other support from a governmental agency or private sector organization, applicants are asked to submit a letter of commitment from each such agency, which can be uploaded with the application.
Nominations for the Ronald W. Hyatt Rotary Public Service Award open Dec. 1 and close Feb. 8. Apply online through the CCPS Application and Nomination Portal.