The Marian Cheek Jackson Center Summer Fellowship
The Jackson Center is proud to offer up to four graduate and undergraduate student Summer Fellowship positions (late May-early August) 2018. The Jackson Center is a local grassroots non-profit organization located at the gateway of the historic Northside Neighborhood, one of the historically Black neighborhoods of Chapel Hill. Our mission is to honor, renew, and build community in the historic Northside and Pine Knolls neighborhoods of Chapel Hill. Click here to learn more.
Semi-full time (32hrs/week) paid fellowship positions are available: $3000 stipend for 10 weeks.
- Preference for current UNC Chapel Hill student residents of Northside. Non-student residents are also encouraged to apply.
- Community involvement and service experience a plus.
- Dedication to connecting and interacting with an intergenerational community.
- Passion for community engagement work.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Special interest in committing to development of Good Neighbor Initiative in mid-August (extended Fellowship)
How to Apply
- Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org AND;
- Fill out a the “Jackson Center Summer Fellowship Supplemental” found here: Supplemental Form by the application deadline. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis after February 16th.
For more information about the Jackson Center please visit our website www.jacksoncenter.info or give us a call at 919-960-1670. Email George Barrett at email@example.com for any questions. Thank you!