The Population Reference Bureau (PRB)
The Population Reference Bureau (PRB) is now accepting applications for its International Programs Fellowship at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The Fellowship is a full-time position lasting for two years and will begin in summer 2013. The Fellowship is sponsored and managed by PRB and funded through PRB’s IDEA Project (Informing Decisionmakers to Act), a cooperative agreement between PRB and USAID. The Fellow will work within USAID’s Office of Population and Reproductive Health in Washington, D.C., which works to advance and support voluntary family planning and reproductive health programs worldwide. The Fellowship is intended for recent graduates with a B.A. or B.S.; candidates with advanced degrees are ineligible.
- Support the Senior Policy Advisor and members of office management.
- Respond to external and internal requests for information on U.S. family planning requirements and agency family planning activities.
- Support efforts to improve compliance monitoring of family planning requirements within the USAID program.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned.Other duties and activities will be determined by the interests of the selected Fellow and the needs of the Office of Population and Reproductive Health.
- B.A., B.S., or other undergraduate degree by June 2013.
- Education and/or work experience related to international population/reproductive health policy or public health.
- Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills; ability to effectively manage time and work with diverse personalities.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dedication to advancing family planning and reproductive health issues and programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly assume additional responsibilities and complete tasks with limited oversight.I
In addition, experience living outside of the United States and foreign-language facility (especially French) is highly desirable. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or hold an appropriate work visa and will need to get a security clearance.
The PRB International Programs Fellowship pays a stipend of $35,000–$40,000 per year plus benefits. The position is subject to the availability of funds. The Fellowship may involve foreign travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume directly to the address below. The cover letter should describe the candidate’s professional goals, her or his interest in the field of population and international development, and why she or he is suited for the Fellowship. In addition, the candidate must arrange for two letters of recommendation from employers or professors to be sent by email to the same address.
All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be emailed to PRB no later than Feb. 25, 2013.
Selection of the PRB International Programs Fellow will occur by late spring 2013. All candidates will be notified of the selection decision by email.
Applications should be emailed to: IPFellows@prb.org