Clara Vista Marketing and Communications Intern
Deadline: Rolling. Clara Vista is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern to join our team to help us grow our community of support. Our work in the rural fishing village of Venado, Costa Rica is now more important than ever. It is essential that we grow awareness about our cause and maintain strong donor communication to secure enough resources to sustain our organization. We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern who is passionate about our mission and can commit 8-10 hours per week. In this internship, you will assist the Executive Director and the fundraising team in managing Clara Vista’s outward appearance and public relations. You will lead the effort to make the Clara Vista name known around the world while ensuring our relationship with dedicated supporters is better than ever. This means social media management, website and email updates, fundraising campaign promotion, and creating beautiful public and donor marketing materials. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in improving their skills in graphic design, strategic communications, and marketing, who also wants to see what it takes to grow a non-profit!
- Provide a confident and consistent presence through Facebook and Instagram
- Support the creation of quarterly newsletters with the Fundraising Committee
- Work with the Fundraising Committee to solidify our image to ensure all communication materials
are telling the same story.
- Ensure promotion of fundraising campaigns and events
- Cultivate potential partners or donors
- Support donor recognition
- If able, design infographics for reports.
Hours + Compensation
- The volunteer requirement requires a commitment of around 8-10 hours per week depending on the season. Your hours are flexible and we are more than willing to work with you to develop a schedule that
fits your lifestyle and commitments.
- The internship can take place for any three-month period from September 2018 through May 2019, with the possibility of extension if you’re a great fit for our team. Please mention your preferred start date and
end date in your cover letter.
- This is a volunteer position, but holds amazing opportunities to gain hands-on non-profit experience, contribute to an exciting start-up, grow professionally and personally, and make an impact in the rural village of Venado, Costa Rica.
- Have experience with communications, digital marketing, or social media.
- Have strong writing and analytical skills.
- Be comfortable with social media and e-newsletters.
- Be comfortable working in an environment that can sometimes require flexibility and quick turn around
- Have a passion for non-profit work and international development.
- Be a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Be comfortable working remotely.
How to Apply
- Submit a cover letter describing how you can help Clara Vista grow our community support to achieve our goal of inspiring community-driven sustainable development
- Submit a resume
- Submit a sample of your work to email@example.com