2022 Global Studies Commencement Ceremony for:
- Global Studies undergraduate majors graduating in December 2021 or May 2022 or August 2022.
- Global Studies Master’s Students graduating in December 2021 or May 2022 or August 2022.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Sunday, May 8th, 4:00pm, Memorial Hall
- Ticket required for admission for guests.
Attire: Business Casual (We know most of you will be wearing your gowns, but we ask that you wear business casual under your gown if possible and encourage guests to wear business casual as well)
No Purses, Back Packs, or Cell Phones Permitted for Graduating Students!
Graduating students are asked to be at Memorial Hall no later than 3:30PM.
When graduating students arrive, please go to the Registration Table outside of Memorial Hall to pick up your name cards. Then, proceed to line up in a single line in the driveway between Memorial Hall and Gerrard Hall, in alphabetical order. A student marshal and Global Studies staff will assist you to line up and to process into the auditorium
Ticket Distribution Location: Room 2206, FedEx Global Education Center (suite 2200 on second floor)
- Six per student through the first round of ticket distribution (April 18-22). You must come in person and have your PID ready. Please keep your tickets safe! Tickets are required for guest entry on the day of graduation!
Ticket Distribution Hours:
- Monday, April 18th, 2:00-4:30pm
- Tuesday, April 19th, 9:30am-11:00am,1:00pm-2:30pm, 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Wednesday, April 20th, 9:30am-11:00am, 1:00pm-2:30pm, 4:00pm-4:30pm
- Thursday, April 21st, 9:30am-11:00am, 1:00pm-4:30pm
- Friday, April 22nd, 9:30am-11:00am
Tickets: Tickets are required for admission for guests. Six tickets will be made available for students to pick up from the Global Studies main office from April 18-22. If you need more than 6 tickets after April 22nd, please e-mail Zach Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve additional tickets.
Seating and Parking for the University Commencement (9:00AM, May 8th, Kenan Stadium):
- Graduates or guests who require accessibility parking and/or seating accommodations for the University Spring Commencement should refer to the Accessibility Services portion of the Spring commencement webpage.
- UNC’s commencement parking information page is here with information about lots and shuttles.
- Global Studies will not be able to provide parking for students or guests for the University Commencement
Accessible Seating for the Global Studies Commencement Ceremony (4:00pm, May 8th, Memorial Hall):
Please email Zach Ward if you have a guest with accessibility needs or seating requests. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide parking for the Global Studies Commencement Ceremony. Please note that because we have limited accessible seating in specific areas of the auditorium, we cannot always ensure that large parties can sit together, but we can reserve 1 accessible and 1 companion seat. If you have more than one person who requires accommodation, we may not be able to seat an able companion next to them.