2019 Global Studies Commencement Ceremony for:
- Global Studies majors graduating in December 2018 or May 2019 or August 2019.
- Global Studies Master’s Students graduating in December 2018 or May 2019 or August 2019.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Sunday, May 12, 2019
- 4:00 pm (Graduating students are asked to be at Memorial Hall no later than 3:30pm)
- Memorial Hall
- Ticket required for admission for guests.
Attire: Business Casual (We know most of you will be wearing your gowns, but we ask that you wear business casual under your gown if possible and encourage guests to wear business casual as well)
No Purses, Back Packs, or Cell Phones Permitted for Graduating Students!
Ticket Distribution Location: Suite 2200 FedEx GEC
- Six per student. You must come in person and have your PID ready. Please keep your tickets safe! Tickets are required for guest entry on the day of graduation!
Please click here for FAQs regarding tickets.
Ticket Distribution Hours:
Tickets are available to be picked up during the month of April. Please pick up your tickets before April 26th. 6 tickets will be available for students. If you need extra tickets beyond the six provided, please sign up using the wait list. You must pick up the 6 tickets before April 26 in order to be eligible to receive additional tickets from the waitlist.
In general, reserved tickets are available between 9:00am and 4:30pm, with some exceptions.
Wednesday: 9:00am – 11:30AM; 1:30PM-3:00PM (Do not come between 11:30 and 1:30, note early end)
Thursday: 9:00am – 4:30PM
Friday: 9:30am – 4:30PM (Last day to pick up tickets and sign up for the waitlist. Any unclaimed tickets will be reallocated to the waitlist. You will not be guaranteed 6 tickets after this date.)
The waitlist is open now, go ahead and sign up here even if you haven’t picked up your reserved tickets yet. If waitlist tickets are available for you, then you will be contacted on April 29 with the number of tickets available to be picked up. Waitlist tickets are NOT guaranteed, even if you sign up early. If you did not pick up your 6 reserved tickets before April 26, you are not eligible to receive waitlist tickets.
ADA Accommodations for Global Studies Ceremony (Memorial Hall)
- For the Global Studies Commencement Ceremony, please email Diana Devereaux by noon on May 8 if you have a guest with accessibility needs. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide parking for the Global Studies Ceremony.
- Please note that because we have limited accessible seating in specific areas of the auditorium, we cannot always ensure that large parties can sit together, but we can reserve 1 accessible and 1 companion seat. If you have more than one person who requires accommodation, we may not be able to seat an able companion next to them.
Accessibility Parking for the University Spring Commencement (Kenan Stadium)
- Graduates or guests who require accessibility parking and/or seating accommodations for the University Spring Commencement should contact Accessibility Resources & Services well in advance at the Student and Academic Services North Building, Campus Box #7214, 919-962-0754, 711 (NC RELAY). Office hours are 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday–Friday. Parking and seating accommodation credentials will be issued through this office.
- Graduates and guests with disability license plates or hang tags should also request a Commencement Accessibility Parking Permit to ensure appropriate access.