- This event has passed.
Virtual Cultural Festival
November 18, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Bring the world to your students by participating in the Virtual Cultural Festival on Wednesday, November 18, 2015! All sessions are FREE and open to all K–12 teachers and students.
About the Virtual Cultural Festival
- Each presentation starts on the hour and will last 30-45 minutes.
- We welcome questions from you and your students during the presentation via the chat.
- You’re welcome to come and go as it suits you and your students.
- Each presentation will be recorded and available to watch a few days after the live presentation.
Presentation Info & Tips:
- What you need to participate: an internet connection, projection screen, and audio speakers.
- Soon after you register you will receive an email with information about accessing the meeting. We use Zoom, and on the day of the festival you’ll need to download the app to your computer in order to to join the session.
- Please mute your computer’s mic during the session. This will improve the sound quality for everyone.
- We welcome your students’ questions during the presentations – just type them into the chat box!
The presenters are UNC students who have been abroad OR are international students currently studying at UNC. Our Fall 2015 schedule is below. Sign up for the session(s) you’re interested in and we’ll send you the link to join the session (a few days before the Virtual Festival)!
Presenters: Samantha, Elliot, Oscar
Session Topic: Urban Environments and Transportation in Brazil, Spain and Thailand
Presenters: Gabby, Chuhan
Session Topic: All About Chinese & Rwandan Cuisine!
Presenters: Grace, Alexis
Session Topic: Channel Your Inner Animal in Korea & Morocco
Presenters: Darian, Abena
Session Topic: Life of a School Child (Ghana and Argentina)
Questions? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org