- This event has passed.
Deadline: Global Studies BA Summer Award Applications
The Curriculum in Global Studies is pleased to announce we are opening our call for proposals for monetary awards to support our Undergraduate students who are in the process of securing/have secured globally oriented experiences, including internships, research, and other similar endeavors for Summer 2023.
Students must comply with all current UNC travel policies when submitting Global Studies summer award applications. We require all applicants whose applications include international travel to please refer to and abide by all UNC travel policies and requirements to seek exemptions/approvals.
Applications will be open through Friday, March 24th.
Unfortunately, graduating Global Studies seniors are not eligible for these awards.
- Student must be a declared Global Studies Major.
- You must be returning to UNC after the experience.
- You must attend a reflection session at the beginning of the fall semester.
- You must write a two-to-four-page report summarizing and reflecting upon the experience, due to Zach Ward (email@example.com) by August 21, 2023.
- Receive appropriate UNC travel exemptions/approvals (if required due to international travel)
Applications will be evaluated according to the following two criteria:
- Overall merit of the project in relation to student academic and career goals;
- demonstrated engagement with global issues in and beyond the classroom
To apply, please submit below the required information:
- Name (first, last)
- UNC E-mail Address
- Local Mailing Address
- Class Year
- Complete CV/resume, including contact information, degree details, and work, volunteer, and other relevant experience
- One or two page description (double-spaced, 12-point font) of the experience, explaining how it will enrich your education and career goals and any other relevant information.
- A detailed budget, including additional funding being pursued.
Contact Dr. Michal Osterweil at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application requirements.