- This event has passed.
Community Open House: Being and Belong Art Exhibition
October 23, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
The FedEx Global Education Center will be open to the general public for viewing of the art exhibition Being and Belonging on Oct. 23, 2021.
Special events include a self-guided tour, a scavenger hunt and a raffle. Free parking is available under the FedEx Global Education Center.
Being and Belonging brings together artists of Latin American heritage from across the state of North Carolina whose work evokes questions of identity, environment, and home. With over 25 works of art that range in theme, medium and tone, Being and Belonging celebrates the diversity of experiences while also reflecting the realities of a complex, multicultural Southern United States. Each artist’s distinctive voice is animated by a web of global influences. The artists draw inspiration from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico. The exhibition harnesses the vast story-telling potential of visual art through a range of mediums, including print, paint and ceramics.
• Antonio Alanís, Durham, NC
• Tina Alberni, Huntersville, NC
• Adriana Ameigh, Raleigh, NC
• Georges Le Chevallier, Garner, NC
• Gabriela Costas, Winston-Salem, NC
• Alexandre Emmanuel, Raleigh, NC
• Lina Fernández Giraldo, Greensboro, NC
• Gloribel Irizarry, Winterville, NC
• Leandro Manzo, Charlotte, NC
• Peter Marín, Raleigh, NC
• Renzo Ortega, Carrboro, NC
• Alexander Lee Quiñonez, Durham, NC
• Tina Vasquez, Chapel Hill, NC
This exhibition is organized by UNC Global in collaboration with the Institute for the Study of the Americas. Additional support provided by Arts Everywhere, Department of Art and Art History, Latina/o Studies Program, Curriculum in Global Studies, and the Carolina Latinx Center.