- This event has passed.
Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice – Online Information Session
February 17, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Direct Action and Research Training Center (DART) will hold an online info session on Wednesday, February 17th at 6pm to discuss careers in community organizing. All UNC students and alumni welcome, particularly those graduating this year.
DART trains professional organizers and community organizations to work for social, economic, and racial justice, including:
- Holding police departments accountable; shutting down the school-to-prison pipeline; reining in predatory lenders
- Expanding access to primary health and dental care; prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training; fighting for immigrants’ rights
Available Positions start August 9th in:
- South Carolina: Charleston
- Florida: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, Sarasota, St. Petersburg
- Georgia: Savannah
- Kansas: Topeka, Lawrence, Wyandotte County, Johnson County
- Kentucky: Louisville, Lexington
Starting salary $40,000/year + benefits.
DART organizations are diverse coalitions including many low- and moderate-income, minority and immigrant communities. We strongly encourage people from these backgrounds, as well as fluent Spanish speakers and DACA recipients, to apply. To apply or learn more about DART, visit www.thedartcenter.org.