- This event has passed.
Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice
October 25, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will be on campus Tuesday, October 25 at 6 pm in the Anne Queen Lounge @ the Campus Y to discuss careers in community organizing with individuals interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/unc
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Education reform in low-performing public schools
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start January 9, 2017 in Charleston, SC, Topeka, KS, Lawrence, KS andTampa, FL.
Positions start August 14, 2017 in Louisville, KY, Daytona Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and St. Petersburg, FL.
Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits.
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.