- This event has passed.
First-Generation Grad Students: Our Journeys to Academic Success
April 7, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Join us as our panelists share their experiences as first-generation students in graduate school. Panelists will answer audience questions and discuss their own academic journeys, including Master’s and doctoral training, mentorship, job market strategies, and general advice for first-generation graduate student success.
- Samira Brooks, PhD, Postdoctoral Trainee, Department of Environmental Health & Science Engineering, Gillings School of Public Health
- Donaldson Conserve, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Fellow/Trainee, UNC Institute for Global Health& Infectious Disease
- Olga Gonzalez-Lopez, PhD, post-doctoral research associate, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Kyle Mays, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of History
- Joan Evaliz Roque Peña, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemistry
**Light snacks will be provided**
Co-sponsored by the UNC First-Generation Graduate Student Initiative and the Diversity and Student Success Program in The Graduate School