Curriculum Global Studies Undergraduate Summer Awards
2018-2019 Summer Awards
The Curriculum in Global Studies is pleased to announce a call for proposals for monetary awards to support our Undergraduate students who have secured/are securing globally oriented experiences, including internships, study abroad, research, and other similar endeavors for Summer 2019. The aim is to provide financial support so that students can pursue opportunities that will enrich their academic and professional careers. These experiences can be based in the US or abroad. The average award will be approximately $1,000, depending on the project proposal and availability of funds.
Unfortunately, graduating Global Studies seniors are not eligible for these awards.
Applications should be submitted through the Qualtrics link below no later than Friday, March 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
- Student must be a declared Global Studies Major.
- You must be returning to UNC after the experience.
- You must keep and submit a journal.
- You must attend a reflection session at the beginning of the fall semester.
- You must write a two-to-four-page report summarizing and reflecting upon the experience, due within the first week of classes.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following three criteria:
- Overall merit of the project in relation to student academic and career goals;
- demonstrated engagement with global issues in and beyond the classroom;
- faculty references.
To apply, please submit below the required information:
- Name (first, last)
- UNC E-mail Address
- Local Mailing Address
- Class Year
- Complete CV, including contact information, degree details, and work, volunteer, and other relevant experience
- One or two page description (double-spaced, 12-point font) of the experience, explaining how it will enrich your education and career goals and any other relevant information.
- A detailed budget, including additional funding being pursued.
- Recommendation from Faculty Member (completed by UNC Faculty member: online form here.)
Applications should be submitted electronically via Qualtrics no later than Friday, March 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
If there are issues with the Qualtrics form, please contact Diana Devereaux at email@example.com.
Contact Dr. Michal Osterweil at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application requirements.