Curriculum Global Studies Undergraduate Summer Awards
2019-2020 Summer Awards
The Curriculum in Global Studies is pleased to announce we are reopening our call for proposals for monetary awards to support our Undergraduate students who are in the process of securing/have secured globally oriented experiences, including internships, research, and other similar endeavors for Summer 2020. The aim is to provide financial support so that students can pursue opportunities that will enrich their academic and professional careers. Given the particular circumstances of summer 2020 and the ongoing pandemic, these awards may only be applied toward the cost of experiences based in North Carolina or those taking place remotely/online. The average award will be approximately $1,000, depending on the project proposal and availability of funds.
Unfortunately, graduating Global Studies seniors are not eligible for these awards.
Applications should be submitted through this Qualtrics Link. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis but we encourage all interested Global Studies majors to submit their applications for funding as soon as feasible as we do have a finite amount of funding for these awards.
- Student must be a declared Global Studies Major.
- You must be returning to UNC after the experience.
- You must keep and submit a journal.
- You must attend a reflection session at the beginning of the fall semester.
- You must write a two-to-four-page report summarizing and reflecting upon the experience, due within the first week of classes.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following three criteria:
- Overall merit of the project in relation to student academic and career goals;
- demonstrated engagement with global issues in and beyond the classroom;
- faculty references.
To apply, please submit below the required information:
- Name (first, last)
- UNC E-mail Address
- Local Mailing Address
- Class Year
- Complete CV, including contact information, degree details, and work, volunteer, and other relevant experience
- One or two page description (double-spaced, 12-point font) of the experience, explaining how it will enrich your education and career goals and any other relevant information.
- A detailed budget, including additional funding being pursued.
Contact Dr. Michal Osterweil at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application requirements.